LASER DETECTOR WARNING
How To Mount Your Laser Detector
Follow laser detector mounting instructions on pages 17-18. Laser
Warning requires more care in mounting. Remember that
laser is infra-red light, and the light path to Valentine
One could be blocked by certain materials that are
transparent to radar. Consider:
- Important: position Valentine One so that it’s level and
pointed straight ahead.
- Avoid locations blocked by wipers or windshield stickers.
Make sure glass is clean.
- Some windshields have a dark tint band across the top.
Avoid mounting behind that band.
How To Recognize A Laser Encounter
On laser contact, your warning will be:
- European two-tone siren warning sound.
- When Ahead-arrow lights, laser is ahead. When
the Behind-arrow lights, laser is behind.
- Bogey counter displays three horizontal bars.
- Strength-indicator bar graph shows full strength.
- LED indicates laser.
NOTE: The same visual warnings will be seen on the optional Concealed Display.