In order to be compatible with V1connection, devices must have Android™ operating system 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher and (this is important) Bluetooth® support for the Serial Port Profile (SPP). The decision to support Serial Port Profile (SPP) is made by the device makers according to uses they intend for their products. We have no say in their decisions.
A screen resolution of 800×480 or larger is desirable for optimal viewing, but not essential.
If you are unsure of your Android device, here’s a way to check for compatibility:
- Go to www.phonearena.com.
- Click on phones in the navigation bar and follow the menus to select your phone.
- On the long list of “specs” that appear, look under DESIGN to find OS (Operating System). You want Android 4.0.3 or higher.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the gray bar that says, TO SEE THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS WITH INDEPTH DETAILS CLICK HERE.
- Look under CONNECTIVITY – you want Bluetooth profile Serial Port (SPP).