Laser Detector Warning
How To Mount Your Laser Detector
Follow laser detector mounting instructions in the V1 Gen 2 Owners Manual. Laser Warning requires more care in mounting. Remember that laser is infra-red light, and the light path to Valentine One could be blocked by certain materials that are transparent to radar. Consider:
- Important: position Valentine One so that it’s level and pointed straight ahead.
- Avoid locations blocked by wipers or windshield stickers. Make sure glass is clean.
- Some windshields have a dark tint band across the top. Avoid mounting behind that band.
How To Recognize A Laser Encounter
On laser contact, your warning will be:
- European two-tone siren warning sound.
- The band-identification icon will glow.
- When Ahead-arrow lights, laser is ahead. When the Behind-arrow lights, laser is behind.
- Bogey counter displays three horizontal bars.
- Strength-indicator bar graph shows full strength.
NOTE: The same visual warnings will be seen on the optional Concealed Display.